In Spring of 2014 I showed five paintings in the Kerlan Showcases, here in Montmartre. I called the series "Série noire" (The Black Series) - not because it was Gothic, or had anything to do with the crime thriller series of French films initiated in the forties, but because I had blacked out an old series of lithographs I had done (andno longer really liked), and then etched in color to give form to my semi-spiritual inspirations. Thus, « Out of the darkness and into the Light »…I took the dark out of the night time - to paint my spirits, bright. (To paraphrase a line out of a Dylan song).
The first panel here shows "The Invocation" and "The Prayer". Both are in acrylic and ink; both measure 50 x 65 cm.
Then we have "The Sacrifice" and "Reverie", in acrylic and ink, as well; both 50 x 65 cm.
Finally, "The Artist" arrives on the scene - same technique, same size.
It's marvelous how the black sets off the color!
Next month I will show you the Emerald Series, done also in 2014.
x
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire