A propos

lundi 1 février 2016

My Funny Valentines


Hello Everybody !

It’s been a while…we’ve been letting some water run under the bridges, taking care of some business, and now, while I start to build up a new body of work this year I thought I’d give you a little retrospective of my creations over the last three years.

What more appropriate than to start off with my 2013 Love Series – in conjunction with our soon to come, Valentine’s Day!

So, here are a few small paintings in a first series I did, done in acrylic and ink on wood and/or canvas board, 10 x 10 “.

 Both “Lovers” and “Oh my Love” found new homes, one during the vernissage and another, later on.

 


The second group you see here are in acrylic and ink, too, but on paper – and each measure about 20" x 25”.  “Tropical Love” found new owners during the exhibition, as well - a beautiful family whose lives are based on Love.

 

 

And finally, these last two paintings are done with the same technique and are the same size as the other paper works above. It was “love at first sight” for an American couple of very good friends, when they saw “I Do” while visiting in Paris that year. “Amoroso” was dually admired, but remains in my collection for the moment. 



P.S. (As most of you know, I cancelled my first blog, and since I created this new blog at “blogspot” I have not been doing many posts, so from now on I am going try to do a monthly post …guess we could call it a llog… for lunar log. And by the way, to fill you in on “beyondthedawns”… when I was a kid my nickname was “Donzie”, sometimes "Donza kid", or just "Donz"… got it? Yep! that's it : this llog is an extension of my site – donnaflandrin.com and so I call it  ‘beyond the Donz’ or,  to make it into a prettier image = beyond the dawns.)

 

Look forward to seeing you in March - 

the next theme is dance! 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire